SL Home LifeStyle is a new blog with a very personal touch.

Home Of The Week - Sevenstar Amat Shares Her Unique Home.

Posted by Jennaa Loire Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:06 AM

I am thrilled to bring you this week's feature on SL Home Lifestyle. The home belongs to an amazing designer and creator who I have been inspired by through both SL and through her real life art. It is a pleasure and honor that I was able to visit her sanctuary and capture these photos of a truly warm, inviting and inspirational home. 

(Photo: Outside view of Sevenstar's home.)

Most people know Sevenstar Amat as the influential designer and artist behind "Stitch By Stitch". Her clothing is created with passion, love and imagination and her home is no different. The home is as individual and original as the owner. It is colorful, surprising and truly unique. 

I found myself wanting to re-visit her home over and over to take photos, look at her beautiful collection of furniture and to quite rudely, make myself at home. It would be so easy to curl up in one of the wonderfully comfortable vintage chairs or sofas she has around her home, sip a cup of tea and lose yourself. 


(Photo: Sevenstar Amat.)

If you have any love of art or photography, you should check out Sevenstar's flickr stream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevenstar_amat/. She has a remarkable collection of her real life art work, her SL designs and of course, wonderful photos she has taken in world.

You can also check out Sevenstar's fantastic store "Stitch By Stitch" here. Not only will you find an expansive array of clothing, jewelry and hair, you will also find some of the cutest boho furniture and accessories for your SL home. *Taxi To Stitch By Stitch*

Can you please tell us a little bit about yourself?

I have been in SL 3 years now, and after being quite active and known here as a fashion designer, I´m taking a creative break right now, seeing SL only as fun and not as a business at the moment. Maybe I´ll build for SL again one day, but right now, I´m regaining the fun and the beauty that SL has , as I lost it on the way lately, being stressed out and involved in the more and more exaggerating SL fashion market. So you can say, I am pretty much private now.

(Photo: Some of the amazing little details in Sevenstar's home.)

In your own words describe what your home means to you?

It's a place to be myself, to relax and regenerate after hard work. It is reflecting my inner state I think, I change things a lot, so you can say it's in constant change. Also it's important to me that the sim surrounding is beautiful.

(Photo: Sevenstar's amazing living room. It is so colorful and inviting.)

How long have you lived at your home?

I am in this home since end of 2009. After a long odyssey through residential sims with really ugly neighbourhood, that was changing every week to worse, my partner and I decided to turn back to the Wunderbar Islands, where we have been in the very beginning. These sims will always stay what they are: beautiful nature, that's what the owners guarantee.

How long did it take you to achieve and be happy with the look of your home?

Oh, it was quite a work, its a constant process that never ends in fact. I start somewhere and ad matching pieces as soon as I find them. So its never finished I´m afraid :D

(Photo: Sevenstar's front doorway, which is always open for visitors.)

What did you use as influences when you were creating your home?

I use quite everything that crosses my way and inspires me. Sudden finds, pictures in a blog (like yours blogging for SCD inspires me a lot), my momentary moods...

(Photo: The view from the back porch)

What would you love to add to your home if you had the prim allowance?

It would be a little vintage Bakery with all kinds of cakes and breads, some tables to serve tea and coffee and an always smoking chimney

What is your favorite piece of decor in your home and why?

It's my little kitchen corner in the back of my house, because its cosy and I can imagine to hang out there in the arm chair, while the washing machine is running, and something is sizzling on the stove.

(Photo: The gorgeous kitchen area)

Where do you love to shop for your home?

Almost everywhere...like Poppet McGimsies stores, BP, Mudshake and all the other well or less known stores that cross my way.

(Photo: Sevenstar's bedroom, how comfy does the bed look.)

Thank you so much Sevenstar for sharing your home with us all. It is an amazing home filled with love, warmth and happiness. I don't think I have ever felt more at home in someone else's home.

Comment (1)

Yay! I love her home and her artwork!

Post a Comment